Terms and Conditions
General restrictions on use
49s.events hereby grants you permission to access and use this website, subject to the following express conditions, and you agree that your failure to adhere to any of these conditions shall constitute a breach of these Terms on your part:
- you agree not to distribute any part of or parts of the website, including but not limited to any Content, in any medium without 49s.events prior written authorisation, unless 49s.events makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the website;
- you agree not to alter or modify any part of the website;
- you agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the pages of the website itself, or such other means as 49s.events may explicitly designate for this purpose;
- you agree not to (or attempt to) circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the website or features that (i) prevent or restrict use or copying of Content or (ii) enforce limitations on use of the website or the content accessible via the website;
- you agree not to use or launch any automated system (including, without limitation, any robot, spider or offline reader) that accesses the website in a manner that sends more request messages to the 49s.events servers in a given period of time than a human can reasonably produce in the same period by using a publicly available, standard (i.e. not modified) web browser;
- you agree not to collect or harvest any data from the website;
- you agree not to access Content or any reason other than your personal, non-commercial use solely as intended through and permitted by the normal functionality of the website.
- You shall not copy, reproduce, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of 49s.events or the respective licensors of the Content.
You agree that you will comply with all of the other provisions of the Terms during your use of the website.
49s.events grants the operators of public search engines permission to use spiders to copy materials from the site for the sole purpose of creating publicly available searchable indices of the materials. 49s.events reserves the right to revoke these exceptions either generally or in specific cases.
49s.events is constantly innovating in order to provide the best possible experience for its users. You acknowledge and agree that the form and nature of the website which 49s.events provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you.
As part of this continuing innovation, you acknowledge and agree that 49s.events may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the website (or any features within the website) to you or to users generally at 49s.events's sole discretion, without prior notice to you. You may stop using the Wesbite at any time. You do not need to specifically inform 49s.events when you stop using the website.
You agree that you are solely responsible for (and that 49s.events has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) any breach of your obligations under the Terms and for the consequences (including any loss or damage which 49s.events may suffer) of any such breach.
49s.events is in no way affiliated with, associated with or approved or endorsed by the official operators of the lotteries displayed on this website.
The information available on the 49s.events website is solely for the use of players and prospective players. These are information pages only and are not intended to encourage participation in the lotteries displayed on this website. What is more, information on this website does not constitute an offer or invitation on the part of 49s.events for any person to take part in any lottery.
49s.events is provided to you free of charge and we use our best efforts to maintain the site and the information, news and lottery results contained herein. However, you should not assume that 49s.events is error-free or that it will be suitable for the particular purpose for which you are using it. Please seek specialised, professional advice where required. Lottery results posted on our pages, should not be taken as certain, as errors are possible, and all winning and losing lottery tickets must be double checked.
Links contained within the 49s.events website are for your convenience only and do not mean that 49s.events endorses or approves any other sites, their content or the organisations who run them.
Here is a brief list of the cookies we use and their purpose:
- Analytics - To store information such as the time you visited our website, whether or not you have visited the site before and sometimes the website you visited prior to our website.
- Personalisation - Tailoring the website based on how you interact with it so you are presented with more relevant and useful information.
- Social Media - These types of cookies are set by social networks such as Facebook, Twitter and YouTube and recognise which visitors use social media sites when viewing content on our website. They allow users to easily share content to social networks via the use of share buttons.
- ASP Session ID - This is a temporary cookie that contains a randomly generated anonymous identifier and expires at the end of your visit to our website.
The majority of cookies will expire within 30 days although the Google Analytics cookies may remain for longer.
The following content provides more detailed information about cookies and how they are used:
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a very small piece of information that is stored on your computer or device. When you visit a website, that website will ask your computer for permission to store a cookie which often contains an anonymous unique identifier. The cookie, amongst other things, can be used to improve your experience by displaying information on the website which is considered to be most relevant to you.
On the Results Checker page we use a cookie that remembers which lottery numbers you entered so that the next time you visit our website you can check the same numbers quickly and see if you have won a prize.
What if you don't want to accept cookies?
You can choose to delete cookies from your browsing history at any time by using the options provided in your web browser. You also have the option to disable cookies altogether but it is worth noting that doing so may restrict of inhibit certain parts of our website.
We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors; this policy sets out how we will treat your personal information.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information about your computer and about your visits to, and use of, this website including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation.
- Information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications, newsletters and/or competition entries.
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How do we use your personal information?
We may use your personal information to:
- Administer the website.
- Improve your browsing experience by personalising the website to reflect your specific areas of interest.
- Enable your use of the services available on the website.
- Supply to you the services purchased via the website.
- Send you general or marketing communications.
- Send you information or email notifications which you have specifically requested.
- Send you any newsletters and/or marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you and where you have specifically agreed to receiving this information by email. You can opt out of receiving this information at any time by emailing or writing to us using the details provided on our Contact Us page.
- Send you invitations to enter any promotions or competitions we may from time to time offer our readers.
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by you relating to the website.
- Keep the website secure and prevent fraud.
- Verify compliance with the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing if you have unsubscribed from the service.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- In connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings.
- In order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention.
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling.
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to other countries including those countries which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website may subsequently be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure servers.
All electronic transactions entered into via the website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is potentially insecure and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and other login details confidential. While you will require your password to log in to your account, you will never be asked to disclose your password to a representative or employee of the company.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to:
- The payment of an administration fee (currently £10).
- The supply of appropriate evidence of your identity which will include a notarised photocopy of your passport plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address). We reserve the right to request additional information to establish your identify if required.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes, by emailing or writing to us using the details provided on our Contact Us page.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner's Office and our data protection registration number is Z0000000.